Breast Lift by Dr Subbio
Dr. Subbio brings his artistic vision to the operating table when forming a breast lift. Done alone, or in combination with breast implants, breast lifting can restore youth and fullness to the breast. Often women come in after childbirth looking to regain the elevation and fullness of the breast shape they once had years ago.
Philadelphia plastic surgeon, Dr. Subbio will explain all the factors which cause a breast to drop with time and age, and come up with custom plan to lift your breasts in a long-lasting way, through a variety of incisions.
Procedure: Lift and reshape breasts by removing excess skin and repositioning remaining tissue and nipples.
Length: 3 to 4 hours.
Results: Variable; gravity, pregnancy, aging, and weight changes may cause new sagging. Results may last longer or be enhanced when breast implants are inserted as part of the procedure.
Down Time Chart
|Off opioid pain meds||immediately|
|Back to office/non-exertional work||2-3 days|
|Back to Activity Work||5 days||Back to Gym||10 days|
|Back to lower body weights||14 days|
|Back to upper bosy/weights/strength training||6 weeks|
But what are his results like?
Ask my Patients! Look at RealSelf.
“I saw a video by Dr. Subbio on RealSelf, and I met with him twice before my explant surgery. He answered every question I had and gave me his cell number for any questions that may pop into my brain. He didn’t try to push me into getting replacements or a lift, tho he did… Read More »Read more...
“Dr. Subbio was very polite and kind. His nurse was just as great. I am so excited for the future relationship I have with his practice. I felt respected and just so excited. I was educated on the pros and cons of breast augmentation, he explained between round and shaped silicone breast augmentation and how… Read More »Read more...
“Dr. Subbio and his friendly staff immediately put me at ease. They listened to my concerns and offered filler solutions. Dr. Subbio has exquisite artistic talent and an eye for detail. I am thrilled with my results and will certainly return. The office is very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Subbio.”Read more...
“My experience with Dr. Subbio was fabulous! As a 52 year old first timer for ANY cosmetic assistance, I was extremely nervous. Dr. Subbio and his staff not only put my mind at ease, but their work is meticulous. What I love the most is the look Dr. Subbio was able to create – softer… Read More »Read more...
Breast Lift FAQs
If you are dissatisfied with your breasts because they have begun to sag, change shape, or lose volume, a Breast Lift (also called Mastopexy) might be a good choice for you.
Yes, Dr. Subbio can make your breasts more symmetrical during your Breast Lift surgery.
A Breast Lift raises sagging breasts to a higher position on the body. The surgery can also correct misshapen nipples and asymmetrical breasts. The size of the breasts remains the same as before surgery, however.
Breast Implants increase the size of the breasts. A combination of Breast lift with breast implants can deliver a “Push-up bra” look with upper pole fullness.
Sometimes, although in some cases, a Breast Lift can be performed using just a local anesthetic and sedation. No matter what, please bring someone with you to drive you home.
The incisions vary depending upon the patient. Below are the most common types of incisions:
- Anchor or inverted-T pattern includes an incision around the areola, a vertical incision from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease, and a horizontal incision across the breast crease. This pattern is usually necessary for women who need a significant breast lift.
- Lollipop pattern includes an incision around the areola and a vertical incision from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease. There is no horizontal incision under the crease. This is possible only for women who need a moderate breast lift.
- Periareolar technique (also called short-scar or donut lift) requires an incision around the areola only. This technique is only possible for women who have very mild sagging or sometimes for women who are also receiving breast implants.
The surgery takes about 1-3 hours, depending upon the individual patient.
You can expect some swelling and a feeling of tightness for a few weeks. We will provide a surgical bra for you to wear for a few weeks during the healing process. Tenderness will subside faster than the swelling, which may take a few months to resolve entirely.
We ask that you refrain from strenuous exercise for 4-6 weeks.
Scars are inevitable after a Breast Lift, but they will fade and become smoother and less noticeable over time.
Yes, your breasts will be positioned higher immediately, but until the swelling subsides, you won’t be able to see your final results.
We think there are several reasons! Here are just a few:
- He gives all of his patients his cell phone number. He’ll call you the night after your surgery to check on you, as well as the next morning. And he’ll make sure your recovery is as comfortable as possible.
- He’s a trained artist, and you’re his canvas. It’s the perfect marriage of science and artistry. In fact, he’ll hand-draw his projected results right in front of you during your consultation.
- He’s fun! He likes to joke with his patients and put them at ease. Plus, we maintain a small office where we treat our patients like a part of the family.
- He’s sensitive to the issues women face when getting breast surgery, and he will always treat you with respect.
- He won’t try to convince you to have a procedure that isn’t best for you. He’d rather lose your business than sign you up for a procedure he isn’t 100% behind. And if he thinks you need a surgery or treatment he doesn’t offer, he’ll recommend a different surgeon for you.
Yes. The nipples and areolas often lose their shape as the breast tissue sags. Dr. Subbio can reshape your nipples during your Breast Lift so that they are a pleasing size and round shape.
Absolutely! During your consultation, Dr. Subbio will examine you and determine if you are a good candidate for a Breast Lift. He’ll even hand-draw you a projected result right in his Philadelphia office.
Yes. Please see our page about Breast Lift with Implants.
No. A Breast Lift is an outpatient procedure, so after a short period of recovery time, you can go home the same day.
After the incisions are made, Dr. Subbio removes any excess, stretched skin. Then, he raises the breast tissue, including the nipples and areolas, to a higher position and reshapes the breasts as necessary. He then closes the incisions with sutures.
You’ll be anesthetized during your surgery, so you’ll feel no pain. All surgeries involve some discomfort after the anesthesia wears off, though. We will give you pain medication to help you get through your recovery as easily as possible. Plus, you can text or call Dr. Subbio at any time with your questions!
Most women go back to work within 1-2 weeks.
You can expect some bruising after a Breast Lift, but it usually goes away quickly.
Yes, but it’s better if you sleep on your back for the first couple of weeks.
A Breast Lift is permanent, but gravity can cause some additional sagging over a period of years. If so, it should not be as significant as before. Maintaining a steady weight can help you prevent subsequent sagging.
Meet Dr. Subbio
Subbio Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa is a comprehensive center specializing in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery. Located in Newtown Square across from the beautiful DuPont Farms, Dr. Subbio brings with him over 10 years of training and experience as an Attending Surgeon at the Lehigh Valley Health Network.Schedule a Consultation >
It’s the perfect marriage of science and artistry. In fact, he’ll hand-draw his projected results right in front of you during your consultation.
He was inspired to become a surgeon after learning about plastic surgeons who volunteer their skill and artistic vision to help cleft lip and burn victims in India. Once he became a surgeon, he began volunteering himself, traveling to third world countries to perform procedures.
Dr. Subbio won’t try to convince you to have a procedure that isn’t best for you. Your safety, well-being, and satisfaction are paramount.